eNews ArchiveCatch up or revisit one of our newsletters
- April – Two proud chemists and a new intern
- March – Many ways to get involved
- February – A meaningful consultation with Huichol Elders in Mexico
- January – Shumla’s 25th Birthday Party
- December – 2023 Treks are posted and we have a surprise!
- November – Reflecting on our Shumla Scholars program
- October – Shumla shenanigans on a gorgeous west Texas fall day!
- September – What is passion + skill + ingenuity? Shumla!
- August – When it rains… it pours!
- July – Beating the heat at cool rock art sites
- June – A Hot Time for Welcomes and Farewells
- May – Exciting Hearthstone Project Update
- April – The Grandest Opening
- March – Spring Treks are in full bloom!
- February – Moving on up…literally!
- January – It may be freezing but we’re on fire
- December – Spanish exhibit of Lower Pecos art
- November – Hearthstone – The Next Chapter
- October – Introducing the Hearthstone Project
- September – A New Year for Shumla Scholars
- August – Make Your Mark, Leave a Legacy
- July – Cooler weather is around the corner. Come Trek with us!
- June – New treks, new interns, new interpretive research
- May – Reunited
- April – Your next adventure awaits!
- March – Shumla in a nutshell
- February – Snow dragon, snow pyramid, snow panther…
- January – Hallowed Ground
- December – Ho Ho How many sites preserved?
- November – Can’t Fight this Feline Anymore
- October – Other Worldly Beings?
- September – The Hills Are Alive…With Purple Cenizo
- August – Hellos and Goodbyes…and Porcupines
- July – Two Ships Pass in the Night
- June – Can you feel the heat?
- May – We’re back in the field again!
- April – Archaeology from home?
- March – In memory of a dear friend of Shumla
- February – The Summerlee Foundation will fund the 2020 Match Challenge!
- January – Here We Grow!
- December – National Geographic Awards Shumla a Conservation Grant
- November – A Network that Really Works
- October – National Science Foundation supports Shumla’s laboratory
- September – On a Personal Note…
- August – It’s ON!
- July – Where Are We Now?
- June – 30 Days, 14 Students, 5 Rock Art Sites, 1 Successful Field School
- May – Off to Roam with the Buffalo
- April – Taking This Show on the Road
- March – The Men and Women Behind the Curtain
- February – Recognizing a Shumla Hero
- January – Guess who has good news!
- December – These elves won’t stay on their shelves
- November – Did Archaic people eat turkey?
- October – Featured on CNN’s Parts Unknown
- September – Summerlee Foundation will fund the match!
- August – Hot, hot, hot!
- July – New Digs… And a Visit from The Getty!
- June – Shumla Turns 20… and Receives Congressional Recognition
- April/May – Shumla Goes to Washington
- March – Great Bones
- February – Can’t Stop. Won’t Stop. Alexandria Update!
- January – A Lifetime Achievement Award and a new blog
- December – Meet Taco… and help us meet the match!
- November – Rock Art Recording in the Digital Age
- October – Smells like molasses, tastes like soap…
- Aug/Sept – Excuses, excuses
- July – The Adventure Begins…
- June – Fingers Crossed!
- May – Final Endowment Gift Means New Start
- April – Liquid Nitrogen, Blow Torches and Plasma
- March – On Location from Vancouver
- February – Support from National Geographic!
- January – We’ve Got Chemistry
- December – Oh, Christmas Cactus
- November – A Possible Dream
- October – A Good Cry
- September – Introducing the Alexandria Project
- August – Here’s to New Beginnings
- July – The Adventure of Science
- June – Together We Can Do So Much…
- May – Seeing with New Eyes
- April – Shumla Ventures into “Groundbreaking” and “Illuminating” Territory
- March – Something Incredible is Waiting…
- February – Painter’s Secrets Lead to More Questions
- January – Cutting-edge Technology Leads to Discovery
- January – eNews FLASH – YOU DID IT!
- December – Happy Holidays and Bittersweet Farewells
- November – So much to be thankful for
- October – It was a dark and stormy weekend…
- September – New Shumla Scholars and Shumla’s Showing at TAS
- August – Doing What We Do BEST!
- July – The Fabulous Four and Taming the Beast
- June – Meet Shumla Again for the First Time
- May – Shumla Scholars Soar!
- April – Shumla’s Jet-setting Staff
- March – Meet Our New Executive Director
- February – Shumla South of the Border